Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter!

On Wednesday of last week I realized Easter was looming! I hadn't done any prep, decorating or planning. Luckily Derek was supposed to do shotgun qualifications and they were cancelled. So he was home all day, and I did some serious shopping. (BTW, serious shopping gets rough on a pregnant body...but I managed to hit 5 stores or so between groceries and easter basket stuff.)

Here are the resulting baskets :) Pretty fun.

I painted Libby and Sarah each a frame for their room--and used it to mark the basket that was for them. They each got a swimsuit, flip flops, sunglasses, and a mermaid Barbie. Oh yeah, and a movie and a game for preschool time. So I went a little overboard? Yeah. Libby has already worn her swimsuit about 1/2 the time since then. I am hoping that all the sun related stuff will bring out the sun.








I have to give Derek props. He had a boys weekend with his high school buddies in Portland over the weekend. He managed to get up at 4:30 on Sunday morning to be back for baskets and egg hunts before church. Then he came for sacrament meeting and went to work the Mariners game. He got to come back in time to go to dinner at his sister Alayne's house. Whew. Busy day!















1 comment:

Myrna said...

Glad to have read your blog. I hadn't heard the news, or else I forgot....I had no idea you were pregnant again. When is this baby due. Josie's is due the end of May and she is having a boy.