Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trip Quotes

Our trip to Vancouver resulted in many funny quotes.
I was getting the girls in the car to head down and I had just taken them potty. As I was putting Sarah into her seat she said, "It's okay mommy, I can just wear a pretend diaper." Oops. I had forgotten to put a new diaper on her after she went potty. So glad she told me she would be okay with a pretend diaper--because I was not okay with it. I quickly remedied that situation.
Libby got particularly sassy on this trip. On the last night she and Sarah were both crying because they wanted their daddy to sleep with them. So, he settled down between them until they both went to sleep. In the morning when Libby woke up, she said, "Where is daddy? If he does that again (meaning move to the other bed) I am going to give him a ticket! I am going to get the police to give him a ticket!"
Our hotel room opened out onto the pool. Libby asked to go swimming about every 5 minutes. There was a sign that said No Children Allowed without an Adult. I quickly brought the first part of the sign to her attention..."It says No Children Allowed, Libby," I said. Then, my nephew who is 10 said, "That isn't what it says..." (busted by a child who could read, dang!). He told her that the sign said no children allowed without an adult. So, she wandered around from aunt to uncle to grandparent asking if they would be "her adult" so she could go swimming. We finally did go swimming on the last afternoon. They had a great time and even Ben got his feet in the pool and hot tub.

No comments: