Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year (Again)

I can officially say that now because the New Year Gala that I put on for my ward was last night.  Whew.  It was a big undertaking but it turned out so well!  I don't have pictures to share yet, but the decor was lovely, the food was yummy, the flash mob was really a mob with a lot of people, and the rest of the dancing was great!  I couldn't be more pleased.  People came even though there was snow on the ground (which usually keeps Seattlites at home.)  I really felt inspired to do this to help bring our ward together, and I think it worked!

The theme was Music and Memories.  We had a waltz lesson followed by appetizers and dinner. (Each of the tables had a "table hostess" who provided the table decor and setting.  They looked so unique and cool.) Then we had a fun program with several musical numbers from various decades.  After the musical numbers we played a great game of Name that Tune and Decade--the Walker family did a great job with picking the songs and fun prizes.  Then the flash mob took the room by storm (it actually wasn't a surprise since we posted the choreography on youtube so people could start learning it at home) but it was so fun.  We danced off and on for about an hour.  (That was about all I expected--it takes a lot of conditioning or alcohol to get people to dance longer than that :)
My favorite part of the evening was my sparkly sequin dress (from Marshalls) and sparkly tinsel hair.  We had a photographer come.  I am going to try and get some pictures to post ASAP.
Anyway, I am glad it is over, but I am SO glad that we did it!

1 comment:

Jnuck said...

It was such an awesome event! I loved being there.