Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Birthday To ME!

My birthday was one of the snow days.  It would have been amazing to just be home together with nothing to do, except that we were on our 3rd day of that.  It was getting less fun.  The weather was supposed to break and I was supposed to be able to teach the BodyPump launch as planned that night.  Then at about 3 in the afternoon my boss finally said that we should just cancel class.  So we got some new snow gear for the girls and headed out sledding on a tube we bought long ago in Hawaii.  Ben just hung out in the stroller.  Sarah did a bunch of tubing and Libby did a bunch of complaining.  When we got home (the tube popped) I bought of couple of snow tubes on Amazon.  Next time, we are ready.
Derek spent a bunch of time testing out his snow driving abilities (which are superb) during the day to buy me some awesome Keen shoes and red roses.  Then we tried to go out to dinner.  We tried 3 restaurants, and everything was closed.  So, I ate my birthday dinner at McDonalds.  Kind of a bust of a birthday.  Oh well.  Thank goodness the snow is gone now!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: