Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, October 5, 2015

My Artists

My office is a mess.  And part of it is my constant projecting.  But the problem is that I have passed my love of creating on to my kids.  So, they are in here rummaging around in the markers, colored pencils and paper so often that there is always debris from their work.  Lately they have added pipe cleaners, ribbon, and apparently cotton balls to the mediums they like to work with.  
The mess kills me, but the finished products so often delight me that I really need to work on forgiving them, and just being thankful that I have a space where they can create, that isn't my kitchen.  
I think about a year ago, Libby found this frame and put  a piece of her art in it on the wall in our bathroom.  Little did I know that it would be a revolving display.  This is maybe the 3rd or 4th piece of art that has shown up in the frame.  I will admit that this recent art is maybe not my favorite.   But I love that she does this.  It made for a fun surprise on the way to bed last night.    

Sarah is the creator of this gem I found in the hallway when I tried to go upstairs yesterday.  No trespasing!  EVRE!

Libby made this as a special gift to Ben.  "It is dicasting" (Disgusting).  He is a stinker pea troll.  Or something.  She worked really hard on it and added lots of detail.  This kind of work lets me know she is capable of an amazing level of focus.  When she is motivated.  Now if only we could apply that motivation to piano practicing or to school work...

No comments: