Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 25, 2015

THE Wedding

When I suggested to my sister-in-law that I would love to host her wedding reception at our house, it was a long time ago.  Before I got called as a Relief Society President, before I knew I was going to have surgery, before we invited our friends to stay with us for 2 months.  So, when things got closer, I started to wonder if I was going to make it.  If we were going to give my sis-in-law the day of her dreams....But, with the help of MANY people, including my visiting teacher and teachee, my client Kathy, and all of the family that came into town, we did it.  Leanne said her day was PERFECT.  Even with the splashes of orange thrown into the decor (which unbeknownst to the decorator is the Groom's least favorite color) it all came together.  (The wise words of my mother-in-law turned out to be true, "I bet Josh loves you more than he hates orange...")
I was also in charge of the Bachelorette/Girl's Night Party games.  I made her this awesome video of epic wedding tragedies to start things off.  Then we played a round of he said/ she said where everyone got to read statements and decide if the groom or the bride said them.  It was fun to hear what the bride and groom said about each other.  Then we finished with the TP Bridal Boutique.  Each team created a wedding dress from toilet paper and other fun dollar store supplies.  Leanne got to put a ring (pop) on the bride she liked best.  It was so fun to have Paige and Fran do some modelling!     

I was in charge of the "flower horde (5 of them!!)" hair.  Or at least Leanne's 3/5ths.  Sarah hated my first attempt.  

They all liked the end result hair, two braids, joined with a bow.  

Keri and I with our girls.  

Uncle Wayne helping with the ceremony set up.  I didn't really plan much for the beach because I figured if I did, it would certainly rain and ruin all my work.  When the day turned out to be sunny, I think the simple decor worked anyway.  

Dave my brother-in-law helping with the set up.  Together with Clark we were a balloon blowing up assembly line.  Dave was tall enough to hang the stuff from the trellis.  

The finished ceremony set up.  It was a gorgeous day!  

Libby playing the cello after the ceremony.  She was actually picking out tunes.  Love this girl's musical talent.  

Libby loving on Josh, the handsome groom.  

All the Norton nieces and nephews.  

Richmond Beach view.  Breathtaking!  
I decorated the house with lots of Ls and Js.  I didn't take many pictures of the home decor.  Hopefully the photographer did.  It was pretty awesome.  

My other contribution were these delicious and lovely cookies.  I had a team help me decorate them. They got rave reviews.  (PS, all the hot air balloon stuff is because they got engaged on a hot air balloon ride!) 

Leanne and Josh, 10/20/15. 

No comments: