Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sarah is 7!

It has been such a wild week.  Last Saturday we celebrated Sarah's birthday with a movie where I let kids share popcorn and drinks.  Oops.  Little did I know that a stomach flu was lurking.  Ben threw up later that night and then the rest of the family followed down the rabbit hole or to the toilet, I guess.  And some of the party guests.  So so sorry!

But, the day we celebrated and Sarah's actual day were days of health and joy for our little sweet girl!
On her birthday Ben and Libby were still home sick (well Libby was probably not sick anymore, but she was milking it for all the movies she could watch...)  So I walked to school and picked up Sarah and we got to walk home just the two of us.  The next day she said, "Mom, I miss yesterday...not my birthday, but the part where you came and walked me home, just me and you."  Seriously.  Melt my heart.
Yes she is!  7!

This year she decided she was done with the "Witchy cake."  She wanted a SPIDER (the rice crispies actually look like the furry stuff on spiders in this picture...gross)!  (She is apparently not scared of spiders btw, just slugs and snails--panic attacks on the way to school some days).  The kids and my friend Heidi helped me frost the spiderweb cookies.  They did a great job!

The crew for the movie.  This was sort of the last hurrah with Cora and Caitlin.  Their family closed on their new home the day before this picture.  They moved out over the weekend.  We are missing them!  (Although our guests for Derek's sister's wedding are here now, so we didn't have an empty house for long).  Guess which 4 of the 5 pictured here spent at least 1 day throwing up (or having gut rot) in the week since this picture was taken?

With the SARAH candles (you can't see them unless you look carefully).   She got lots of books from her aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.  She couldn't be happier.  She also got a razor scooter (to replace the one that Libby took from Sarah after Libby's got run over my some crazy lady in a Honda Odyssey (me).  

On her actual birthday--a new dress from Grandma Debbi.  

Celebratory ice cream sundae at Red Robin.  My birthday wish was that her other front tooth would come out.  No such luck!

No comments: