Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, August 22, 2016

Vacation Spot #3 Centerville UT

We couldn't have a summer trip without staying with my parents.  And we couldn't stay with my parents without jam packing our days there.
Day 1:
Lagoon
Ben and I on Puff.  He is ready for the bigger kid rides, but he isn't tall enough for many of them.  He did ride Rattlesnake Rapids and Bombora (an actual roller coaster)!  I rode Bombora with him 2x in a row.  Then I had rot gut for the rest of the day.  He had to get Grandma Debbi to go on those rides with him!  I also broke my sunglasses during the day and had to get new ones at the gift shop.  RIP Oakleys that I had for like 3 years and were all scratched up.  I loved you.

Sarah showing that she has been on Bombora 5 times.  

Libby saying she has been on Bombora some number of times.  Not sure. 

On our way out.  Exhausted.  But happy.  
Day 2:  This is the Place
We picked up another 2nd cousin, Liddie to hang out with us for the day (and overnight).  We started the day at Ruth's Diner for some Mile High Biscuits.  Yum.  I was way too full after, since I ate a whole biscuit (plus a little) and then ate eggs, bacon and hashbrowns.  Bad idea.  I was sluggish the rest of the day.  But it was delish!

"Praying" with the statue at This is the Place park. 

This is the Place!

Bonnetted Sarah

The 3 lovely ladies. 

Me at RS Hall.  I tried to glean some wisdom on how to do my calling by standing in this spot for a minute or two. 

Libby's favorite part was the last area we visited.  It included both of her favorite units of study for the year, a minerals and mining section and a Native American exhibit.  They all "mined" for minerals and got quite a few.  Then we looked at the Native American "regalia" (not costumes) and went to the dancing show.
Day 3:  Aria's Birthday:  This was a bit of a recovery day.  Playing at Grandma's with Liddie, going on the slip n slide and having lunch with Drea.  (Somehow I didn't get a pic of Drea, but it was fun to see her baby bump!)  Then in afternoon we headed to Bryn and Brian's for Aria's birthday and their "Back to School" photo shoot.

Fun Mickey and Minnie Cake

Aria enjoying her cupcake.  
 Day 4:  Randall Reunion & the "Bubble"
These are my Grandpa's 3 remaining brothers  Stan, Pork and Ron.  It was fun to see and chat with some of the Randall cousins.  I wasn't close to to many of my second cousins, but it was fun to see a few of them.

Then we headed to the Bubble.  My dad came with to help manage the kids since we also brought James.  It was super perfect swimming weather.



James is super hesitant about water, but he did great!  He had a really fun time.  
Day 5:  Drive home in one day.  Thankfully I had convinced my friend Layla to go see her mom in UT at just the right time so she could drive back with me.  Time goes so much faster with someone fun to chat with.  We were making record time until we hit traffic in Snoqualamie.  But we still got home in time to unload and get to bed at a normal-ish bedtime.
This week has been a bit rough, getting back into reality.  Especially since Sarah must have gotten food poison or something on the way home.  She had it coming and going for a couple of days.  But we are back to health and back to the everyday summer grind.
It has been a memorable summer!

No comments: