Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, January 30, 2017

Ben Quotes

Yesterday Ben was playing with his sisters in the afternoon.  He was getting really emotional and frustrated.  I ended up sending them all to their rooms where he proceeded to cry and tantrum for several minutes.  I knew that his basic problem was hunger, but I was trying to finish up something before I made dinner.  I was giving him a minute and then I was going to offer him a snack.  Before I could do that, he came in, tears drying and said, "Mom, I'm think I'm just hungry."  I'm so impressed that he figured that out!  (Now if only I had been a good enough mommy to preempt the whole thing with a timely snack, but still!)

I am also still trying to figure out his shyness.  The girls are NOT shy.  They love to perform and get attention. Ben is less excited about such things.  I didn't even realize this until the wedding in the fall when he didn't want to dance down the aisle by himself.  Decade day was another chance to realize this.  He didn't want to dress up.  NOT AT ALL.  So, he didn't.  I couldn't quite figure out what the deal was.  But I just let that one go.

Yesterday in church Ben leaned over and said, "I'm glad Donald Trump isn't in our ward."  Me too Ben.  Me too.

The best conversation of the week was walking to school.  Sarah and I were talking about hand-me-downs.  She was saying how fun it is that she fits into my shirts.  Libby gets her hand-me-downs, etc.  Then Ben chimes in that he really does not want any hand-me-downs, especially not from dad.  I reassured him that it would be YEARS before he could wear any hand-me-downs from dad.  In fact, maybe he would never be dad's size (unless he lifted lots of weights).  But I told Ben that some of his favorite clothes are hand-me-downs from some of our friends.  He reassured me as I was dropping him off that he is opposed to hand-me-downs.  Then he said, "What are hand-me-downs?"

HA!  I love this kid despite his recent bedwetting!  Poor guy.  I need to watch his fluid intake a little better.  Last year he had trouble during whole30, then it went away and now has resurfaced.  He is just sleeping too soundly.
Despite Ben's assertion that he isn't sure about wrestling, he wore his singlet almost all weekend.  He even had a friend put one on too!

No comments: