Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Reflections on Turning 40

Yesterday I got my birthday package from my mom.  It had a framed version of the saying, "In Scrabble, Forty is only 11."
I also weighed in on my scale that tells my Metabolic Age and it said 22.
Ben's kindergarten class had me at pegged at somewhere between 23 and 26 when I asked.
My body feels much better than it did at 38 or 39.  So, I'm just going to ignore the numbers and say that I am happy to be alive.

I feel grateful for what I have been able to accomplish, for the help of my parents, husband, friends, and kids that have encouraged and supported me.
I have a Bachelor's degree.  A Master's Degree.  I have taught students in Juvenile Detention, High School, Sunday School, Relief Society, Group Exercise, the Wrestling Room, and right now in my own personal training studio.
I have 3 kids that are the joy of my life.  And the challenge of my life.
I have an amazing husband and great friends.
I got to celebrate and relax for a weekend in Vegas before the big day.  It was the perfect RESET.
I came back recharged and ready to evaluate where I am and where I want to go this year.
I am still evaluating, so who knows.  I may be in the same place next year.  But if I am, I know that it is a pretty good place to be.




  

No comments: