Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 8, 2017

New Year's Eve Tradition: FONDUE!

This tradition started back in my USU days with my friends Tory and Shari.  I felt too sick to have this party, but I had it anyway, and it was so fun!  I good chance to connect with old friends and new friends!
We used the chocolate fountain for the cheese.  It was too thick and we had to keep "burping" it.  I thought I had learned this lesson last year, but apparently it still wasn't thin enough.  I kept adding cream but finally gave up and we just ate cheese from the base of the fountain.  Yum.  (Although in year's past I was totally fine with doctoring up the Kraft cheese and using it.  This year, my tastes have become more refined.  I need to do a real fondue next year.  No KRAFT products allowed.)

Janna and her clan have moved back to the PNW!  We are so glad they could join us for NYE!

Aubrey, Janna's oldest with my girls.  She is  Libby's age, but about a foot taller than my daughters.  

Nothing like the non-alcoholic bubbly from the dollar store glasses to ring in the New Year!


And Derek and Mike "celebrating" at the Space Needle.  Overtime!

No comments: