Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hopefully NOT a Christmas Tradition

The day after Christmas I knew I was getting sick.  Well, I had been sick.  A cold.  But it was turning ugly.  But I ignored it.  I pressed on through my "vacation."  I had clean up projects to do (and DEREK WAS HERE TO HELP!  Can't pass that up!), decorations to take down, a spa day, important stuff.  No time to pay attention to the fact that I was getting some ugly bronchial symptoms.  Until finally on New Year's day I had a meltdown at church.  I felt like I couldn't breathe.  I left church early and went to the walk in clinic.  And, yes, bronchitis.  I haven't had it for quite a long time.  But when I get it, it is ugly.  It is exhausting and yucky.  The doctor at the walk-in gave me the whole kitchen sink.  Prednisone.  An inhaler.  And a cough medicine with a controlled substance in it.  Also advice to buy a daytime cough med.
It has been a long week.  I felt "better" enough to continue to do everything I needed to.  But mostly I dragged through the week.  Today was stake conference so I had fewer obligations which was nice.
Anyway, I'm just saying, that this was not the entrance to 2017 I wanted.   Restart.  Do over.  I'm going to spend this week healing, then next weekend in Vegas celebrating my birthday with some very special friends and sisters.  Then, I'll start 2017 again.  For real.  

No comments: