Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 28, 2017

A New Calling

A couple of weeks ago, the bishop called me in to talk.  I came prepared and brought in a list of people who I wanted him to consider for Relief Society callings.  I was totally unprepared, however, for his question.  Would I be okay accepting a different calling that they felt good about for me.  Wow!  I laughed, I cried, I worried...was I not doing a good enough job?  But this was actually a huge answer to my prayers.  I have been so confused about why I felt good about looking for jobs when I needed time for Relief Society.  Answer:  It's time to be released so you can give more time to your family, and to teaching.
I wasn't sure how long it would be, but it ended up happening today.  I feel so thankful for the time I got to serve.  I feel so thankful to pass the job to the next capable woman.  Wow.  I'm going to teach youth Sunday School again.  Sounds amazing.
I can't wait.

No comments: