Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Talent WEEK!

This week was packed full of opportunities to share talents!
The Arts Festival was on Thursday Night.
This is a painting Libby did with her feet!  They had a guest artist with Cerebral Palsy come and teach them how to paint with their feet.  Pretty cool!

This is the Picasso she made when I came and taught the Art Docent Lesson for the 3rd quarter of the year.  It is hanging on her locker.  

Just thought I'd check to see what her locker looked like on the inside.  Yep.  Disastrous.  At least she is consistent.  Locker, desk, bedroom.  Same.  

Ben had art on display too.  

His "Spring Chicken"

Sarah with the"Gorilla" as she recited her poem during the poetry reading.
I've been so busy I forgot to invite Grammy and Grandpa to the Arts Festival (where the girls also sang with their classes...I didn't get a pic of this because the pictures would have been terrible, trust me.)  So Grammy suggested that Sarah repeat the performance for the Ward Talent Night.  Grammy even volunteered to be the Gorilla.  

The girls also danced a Tahitian dance with the Activity Days girls.  They had a fun time dressing up and learning the steps.  
They also led the Junior primary in a little scarf waving.  They were using my phone for music, so I didn't get any pictures of this either.  I also thought I was standing in the wings for this one, but it turned out I was exposed to the audience with nowhere to go. Oops.  Ben refused to join the primary for the scarf waving.  That kid and his stage fright!  Who knew?

No comments: