Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

I love being a mom.  I just spent 30 minutes watching youtube videos with Libby and Sarah of their younger years.  I also love being a teacher, and I'm so glad when I have taught my kids something, even if they don't realize they learned it from me.
Sarah was telling me on Friday about some friend drama at school.  One of her friends was giving her the silent treatment.  Sarah didn't know why.
Sarah:  "I told her: If I don't know what's wrong, I can't fix it."
Me:  "You did?  You said that to her?"
Sarah:  "Yes!  Twice!  And she still wouldn't tell me what was wrong."
Me:  "Did that sound familiar to you when you said it?"
Sarah:  "No."
Me:  laughing.  "I have said that to you a time or two."
Sarah:  "You have?"
(And it didn't work when I said it to you either, for the record.  But it is a good attempt at conflict resolution, right?)

My favorite Mother's Day gift presentation was from Ben.
He couldn't wait until Sunday, so I opened it (with lots of help from him) on Friday.  Inside the card there is a heart made from little ripped pieces of paper.  It says, "I love you mom."  Then he added verbally "to pieces...it is supposed to say 'I love you to pieces' but I ran out of time."  Classic.
Then he showed me both gifts in detail.
The planter came home without a plant in it.  He was surprised by this.  But other than that, he was so excited about the gifts that he decided one would me for me and one for him.  The second gift has a song that goes with it.

No comments: