Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Spring Break 2017

Spring Break 2017 almost turned out to be a full Randall sibling reunion!  My brother Nick and his finance Drea decided to have my dad bless their baby Ruger, so Rachel decided to fly out with Devin and be with all of us.  Only Dave had prior plans and couldn't come.

I got to have flashbacks of many trips to Utah with my littles though, when Devin got a double ear infection.  That seriously used to happen to us.  Every. Single. Time. we went to Utah.  I felt like I knew the 24 hour pediatrician clinic there almost as well as my regular clinic.  Devin rallied after 24 hrs. on the antibiotic and we had a great weekend.

Too many of my Utah traditions revolve around food.  Pace's Dairy Ann Rainbows are a must.  It is a slushee with vanilla ice cream in it.  Might sound gross.  But it is amazing!

Nick taught the girls to play guitar hero.  I think they got a little better as the week progressed.  

Ben loved playing with Devin.  He would have been a great big brother.  

Devin learned to drive the 4 wheeler, or should I say he learned how to make it go forward with us trying to steer for him.  

Ruger is seriously adorable!  Such a good baby.  Nick and Drea really are killing it as parents. 

We went to a sing-a-long of Beauty and the Beast.  It was a mid week matinee and we were the only ones in the theater.  So, it was a sing and dance along!  I liked this live action version although I think they tied up some loose ends and created new ones.  

We initiated Drea officially into the family by taking her to Chuck A Rama.  (How she has dated Nick this long without ending up there is beyond me.) She is a vegetarian, so I sold it with, "They have an amazing salad bar....well, I mean, it's pretty good."  She did enjoy it.  Sarah made her get 7 desserts.  I think she ate a bite or two of each.  

This is one of my favorite parts of visiting my family.  This skeleton was a part of their neighbor's halloween decor a few  years ago.  He left it out a little too long and someone made a comment about it or something.  So he started decorating the skeleton for each holiday.  I loved its Easter outfit.    

I took James and Aria with us to the park.  James loved it.

I gave Aria the Cindy Lou Who hair.  It is so perfect on her, right?


It is so fun having my dad's sister Aunt Arvae up the street from my parents now.  Rachel and Devin stayed there.  Then we doubled the aunt pleasure when my mom's sister Aunt "Sissy" came from Reno.  I have a little of Aunt Sissy's sass.  

We went to a cool interactive aquarium.  The theme is "if you can reach it, you can touch it."  You can feed sharks and birds and iguanas and more!  Ben and the girls "loved" feeding the birds.  But actually when he came out he said, "THAT WAS AWESOME!"

Devin in his sick day PJs.  Of course he got sick on the day we were supposed to take pictures.  So we had to do retakes the next day.  We might have gotten some good ones. 

Rachel's contribution to the dinner after the blessing was going to be deviled eggs.  Since she was taking care of sick Devin, Emily and I helped her out.  We wanted to make sure everyone knew which eggs were boiled, so Emily decorated one for each of us.  We are pretty cute in egg version.  Ironically, Brian wanted to show me the best way to peel eggs using a jar and some water.  You put the eggs in and shake vigorously.  He didn't realize that he needed to grab ones with writing on them, so his first attempt to show me was a bust.  Literally.  

Seriously.  So cute! 

At the blessing, my mom and her surviving siblings were all together.  Ron and Sandra Upton, Ron and Jan Curtis, and Debbi and Kelly Randall.   
Derek flew down on Saturday to join us for the blessing and drive home.  His plane got 1/2 way to SLC and had to turn back because it was depressurizing.  So it took him almost all day to get to us.  But we enjoyed having him there and driving back together.  He loved every second as you can tell from the picture.

We are so happy to have Drea and Ruger (and of course Nick) in our family. 

No comments: