Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Normal Week!


I have been in a funk since Derek's injury.  So many tough things have happened in addition to his surgery.  But finally, this week felt pretty much like a normal week.  We went to school all 5 days.  There were no field trips.  No 1/2 days.  I love routine.  I got in good workouts every morning.  I went to the temple on Saturday.  I cleaned out the pantry, the office and the garage.  Derek and I even went on a date. Having Derek home during the day has been pretty good.  He ran some errands, even taking Libby to the doctor for an ear infection check (just fluid, not infected).

The kids and I made it to our first Einstein match of the season.  They lasted 1 match and then went outside to play. Sadly, it was the last regular dual match.  This week is the end of wrestling until November.  I think the whole family is ready for a break.  Derek is especially ready since he can't actually wrestle or show moves.  This week at one practice he pulled off his sling to show something and his whole team shouted "NO!!!!"  This hasn't been a very successful Einstein season.  Einstein lost to Kellogg for the first time in 8 years.  Happy to put this season behind us. Derek ran a practice with our own kids yesterday for their Saturday workout.  It was so fun to listen to as I cleaned in the office.

We finished the school Read-A-Thon this week.  Ben actually recorded the most reading minutes (I'm sure Sarah actually beat him, but she doesn't do a good job of tracking her minutes).  He is so excited about reading right now!  Huge win! Together they raised about $200 for the PTSA.  Thanks to all the family that donated!

We have another normal school week ahead of us, followed by some Easter fun.  I'm looking forward to that!

The match
Libby is all about taking selfies on my phone when I leave it unattended.  I have about 50 in the March folder alone.  She's pretty cute! 




No comments: