Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Happy Birthday Grandpa Brion & a Tribute to the Norton Grandparents

Last Sunday we celebrated the Norton Birthdays for the 1st Quarter, Jan-March.  So, I even got to celebrate.  Then we went to dinner with Brion and Geneva on Wednesday night to celebrate Brion's actual 78th birthday.  I have been reflecting on just how thankful I am to have them in our lives.  We literally could not have made it through the last few month without them.
Brion drove Libby to Vision Therapy every week for 22 weeks.
Brion drove the kids to choir practice several times so that I could have doctors appointments or meetings.
Brion (and then Geneva too) took Derek for his surgery, waiting until 9:00 pm for the surgery to end so that they could drive him home.
Geneva has done the dance class run so I could go to a meeting (this is more complicated than it sounds because the girls have different class & dinner times).
I realized last week on Wed. that I had conferences until 7 pm on Thurs. and Libby had an eye doctor appt. at 5:30 pm.  Geneva handled the eye appt. and dinner so that I could focus on conferences.
This is just a small small number of the things they do for us.  
What a blessing to have them so close and so willing to help.  We wouldn't be surviving without all the help they have given this past 6 months. 

Bonus after dinner at Anthony's in Kirkland.  This beaver was chilling on the beach outside the restaurant.  It was amazing. 


No comments: