Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Annual Easter Egg Dying

I used Easter Egg dying as a carrot to get both kid bedrooms clean last night.  I have started just pitching in.  No comments about the mess, no freaking out about how they should just pick up as they go, just trying to enjoy time with them. I am allowing myself to say, "keep moving," and "what's next," stuff like that.  It's worked out pretty well the last few times we've cleaned.  I manage to get them to clean the whole room in relative calm.
Anyway, I could have probably saved myself time by just cleaning their rooms myself and skipping the egg dying and Easter decorating.  But since I went on a rampage after last year when they wouldn't help clean up the Easter decorations that they got out, I only have one small bin. We decorated last night and then dyed eggs today.
What we learned today:  Ben can't count to 4.  He dyed at least 2 eggs more than his quota.  All the kids are VERY territorial of their eggs while they are soaking.  Sharpies on the eggs aren't a bad way to go.  Cold eggs are kind of trickier for crayons.  We ended up mostly just color dunking and redunking.  It was over pretty quickly (even including clean up). And...it is so much neater when they are older.




Happy Early Easter!

No comments: