Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, April 14, 2019

April Showers...literally


As in, it's been raining.  Today we even had some hail. 
And, Maren and I gave a baby shower on Saturday for my niece Paige.  Maren pointed out that that means we are about to become Great Aunts.  That sounds WAY TOO old.
Maren and I are a good party planning team.
Theme: Adventure Awaits (Paige got a degree in Recreation, and works at a Rock Climbing gym, so this seemed appropriate.)
We will have to wait to see who wins this game! 
Maren got these adorable favors on Etsy (I'm not into favors, but I let her have her fun :)

Maren also got these cute animals for decor.  Amazing. 

We had yogurt parfaits.  It was yummy, light and easy! 

One guest (who will remain nameless) said she wouldn't play any [stupid] baby shower games.  But she was pleasantly surprised.  A quiz about who knows Paige best (her mom and mother-in-law tied for the win), a Name that Tune Baby edition, and a guess how much people contributed to her "Adventure Fund" actually turned out great.  We gifted Paige an additional $66.76 into the jar from people's purses, pockets and change cups. (And this was a fun throwback because Paige's mom did a variation on this game for my baby shower when I was pregnant with Libby!)
Credit to the game developers:
Name that Tune Baby Edition
Who Knows Mommy Best
It's good to keep the links somewhere. You never know when I'll throw another shower :)  Everyone but Ben thought it was a great party. 

No comments: