Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Monday, October 25, 2021

Halloween Fun & the Kraken!

Derek is working events at the new arena downtown.  He got to work the inaugural/opening Kraken (NHL) game.  He got to stand close to the ice and walk the refs in and out.  It's a pretty cool gig.  He also worked Cold Play and Foo Fighters this week.  Makes for some long days, but it's a great way to earn some OT.   

It was the Rotary Cup this weekend, meaning our Rivalry Game against SC.  SW lost, but they made a good game of the first half.  The drill team looked EXCELLENT :). I volunteered to make cupcakes for the drill team's break between practice and the game and I helped serve up food at the booster dinner.  I'm still figuring out how to find my place as a SW mom.  



Libby and Sarah did some Halloweening on Saturday.  Sarah went to the Rec Center for a Teen Night--she took two friends and they didn't last long.  I forgot to get a picture. They came back home to have pizza, do make up and chat here.  Libby went to a haunted house with friends.  She didn't last long either after too many scares made her neck cramp up.  She sat with one of the moms and waited for everyone to come out.  Haha.  Ben and I stayed home and watch Jungle Cruise.  I'm definitely still figuring out how to be a teenage mom. 

 

No comments: