Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Happy Birthday Sarah!

 We celebrated Sarah this week (and we have one more party to go tonight)!

I can't believe she's 13.  

We started off with the requested donuts for breakfast.  Turns out that Krispie Kreme here opens at 8 am--so I had to run into Safeway (the "murder" Safeway as we call it due to an actual murder that happened there.). But I managed to secure the donuts unscathed (even though there was a confrontation between employees and a homeless woman on my way in and a police officer arriving on my way out--seriously)!  

I drove Sarah to school for her zero period PE class--then youtubed how to put a new battery into my van key, because of course this was the morning it chose to start warning me I needed a new battery or I couldn't drive! 

After school she did her normal dance classes.

She wanted fettuccine alfredo for dinner.  (Derek made Italian fettuccine from a youtuber he follows--it doesn't have cream...and we didn't have fettuccine--only spaghetti.  So it was a bit of a bust.  But she loved it anyway.). She was happy about her gifts, even though I gave her one t-shirt she already had. 





We let her bring a friend for dinner on Friday (Pizza hut pizza and a movie were her requests).  The friend she brought was one of my former students.  So that was a fun surprise.  It was doubly surprising that the friend was a girl when she was my student and is now a boy.  Life in Seattle.  

Today Sarah led her class presidency meeting at church, and she did a great job!  I'm super proud of her leadership abilities! 


No comments: