Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Celebrating Rachel--Florida Weekend

While I was worried about leaving to go to FL, once Libby was at Smokey Point, I knew she was in a safe place and would be there until I got home.  So I decided to go and be with my family.  It was a tender and beautiful weekend.  And, if you can afford it (we had one donated to our family) a VIP tour guide is THE WAY to do Disney World.  Wow.

Just a few days before we left, I called my dad and asked if he'd help buy a ticket to bring Ben along, since we were going to be in FL for his birthday, and Devin and Davey love Benny.  My generous dad made it happen.  And I was so glad to have him along for the ride! 

Rachel & Brad's Disney movie was Tangled.  So I made us shirts with the Tangled lanterns on them.  Most of ours said "Rachel" in the center of the lanterns.  Ben's said Ray, since I had to make it the night before we left (Derek had to venture into a craft store to buy the shirt, haha.)  The boy's shirts said, Mom.  






I took Dramamine, so in between taking calls about Libby and planning her discharge, I actually rode and enjoyed a bunch of rides. 

We went to the Universal City Walk for dinner on the 10th to celebrate Ben's birthday.  


These guys did such a good job singing! 

I think this moment was due to my thumbs up off to the side.  No regrets :)

The Airbnb Brad got us was amazing.  It had a great pool and it was huge.  Plenty of room for all of us, and I was reminded just how bad I am at pool. 

The celebration of Life was lovely.  So many friends shared at the open mic.  And the food was AMAZING!  These charcuterie cups were the bomb.  There was also plenty of leftovers that we ate over the next few days. 

She was so beautiful.  (Inside and out.) 

Benny got to open his b-day gifts! 


My friend Jen suggested that we make a quilt with Rachel's clothes for the boys.  Geneva and one of her good friends whipped these up in the weeks between when I came home on May 17th and when left again on June 9th.  Wow. 


I've had so much awesome Ben time lately!!  He's so great. 

I am so thankful for my family (and friends who are like family) helping me to weather the storm our family is facing--both the death of my amazing sister and Libby's struggles.  It's been hard to even write about--that's why it's taken so long to blog.  But we're getting through it.  One day at a time. 

No comments: