Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Utah Trip 2023

 The day after the Hardies left, Sarah, Ben and I took off for Utah.

The plan was to camp with my parents for 2 nights in Thousand Springs and then head to Utah for Sarah's BYU Writers Camp.  Well....

Plans don't always go as expected.  So when my parent's tent trailer collapsed (luckily with no one inside), they ended up spending the weekend buying a new (much nicer full on) trailer.  We got to spend some quality time with my cousin Daniel (my closest first cousin in age) and his fun family.  He made us some super delicious meals and hosted us both on Friday night and Sunday after church.  

Ben, Sarah and I did get to spend some time in the Thousand Springs hot springs pool and Ben and I paddled around the river there for an hour or so.  While we waited for the RV walk through to finish. Then it took about 2 hours longer...so we hung out at the campsite in the inflated raft, took naps, and eventually went and got pizza for dinner.

 Next year--Rafting!

We got to Utah and had a mostly really relaxing time.  I got to see several friends (took no pictures!!) and we spent a day at Cherry Hill with my cousin Wes & his family.

Ben was pretty bored because the neighbors he usually hangs out with were gone.  My friend Bradshaw's son was on trek, then camping.  Poor guy.  But we did go to the new Indiana Jones movie, and he got some fun time in with Papa the night we picked up Sarah from her workshop.  I got in 2 temple trips, Bountiful and Provo City Center with my mom.  It was lovely.  I also helped her learn to use her new cricut.  She wasn't sure she wanted it....but I think she'll end up liking it...maybe?

Sarah had a great time at her workshop. There was a lot of walking.  But she made some friends and learned a lot.  I mostly found out by watching the pictures that showed up in the camera roll.  I'm so glad she loved it.

 Pictures are in a strange reverse order...

Sarah's room...

We attempted a hike to the V...should have trusted google maps.  But we got in a good hike! 

Ben learned to play Scrabble.  Mimi won the first game, I won the 2nd. 

Sarah's cute roommate


Waiting in the raft that never actually saw water. 

Paddle boarding.  We didn't have life jackets, so we took it easy.  It was mostly sitting paddle boarding.  But we took turns paddling. 

All smiles, thinking we are about to raft! 

One bonus of the broken tent trailer was getting to go to Shoshone falls and hike around the area while we waited for the meat to finish cooking. 





Also Derek is on a commercial!  He's famous. Don't fly drones over the stadiums! 

No comments: