Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Whirlwind Weeks

Since I came back from FL, it's been a whirlwind.  I spend the day prepping the house for Libby's return.  (Locked up knives and meds, etc.)  Then picked her up from Smokey Point.  We did an eval for an outpatient program that she ended up starting on Monday the 19th.  7-8 hours 7 days a week.  Many thanks to Team Norton who helped get her there (it's in downtown Seattle) as I was finishing school and Derek was working mad hours and prepping for his Japan trip that started on the 23rd of June.  
Saying goodbye to another amazing YW who is moving to ID. 

My students did their final "Kids Teach" talks, modeled after TED talks.  They were pretty good this year.  I missed the last 4 days of school before they presented, so they could for sure have had more polishing! 

I got to play on the staff volleyball team to keep the staff win streak alive (sorry 5th graders) 

Lots of (short) Buddy walks and petting. 

We celebrated Derek & Ben officially--as well as Father's day.  I'm ready to not host the next party.  

Maren took Ben for a fun day on Juneteenth while I checked Libby into her new program. 

Pajama Day!

My students presented their community plans online to my friend Christy, a San Francisco city planner.  They did a great job! 

Father's Day Car Wash at church

Libby comes home every night--and I've been trying to make sure she gets to hang out with friends many nights, which she loves, especially nights with her bf Andrew. 

Japan! (Maybe I'll get him to do a post about his trip--he's loving it!)  They've actually been winning the wrestling matches this year too! 

Ben and I took Buddy to the dog park so Libby and Andrew could hang out on the beach last week.  Buddy is hilarious.  He just kept getting scared by other dogs and running back to me.  He also doesn't really like getting in the water. 

Sarah spent the week at FSY with the other Sarah.  They had a great time.  Sarah got a solo in the musical program, and also sang a solo in the Variety show.  I'm super proud of her! 

 And then FINALLY!  School ended! Libby wasn't actually going to school--but to her program at Pathlight.  Sarah was already at FSY (I decided those last 2 days tacked on due to snow wouldn't be that important.) So it was really just me and Ben off to school.  But that's okay.  It was a LONG LONG year. 





No comments: