Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, December 10, 2023

My New Role...Coach Trish...

I'm behind again on blogging this wrestling season, as the team went down a coach--and Mrs. Norton has stepped in.  Sort of.  Yeah.  It's weird.  I've been teaching yoga on Fridays for a couple of seasons (since my last hip surgery I can do that again.) But now I'm actually stepping into the corner to coach in matches.  For the girls.  I'm also still wearing all the other hats.  And trying to get ready for Christmas.  So yeah, it's been chaotic to say the least.  

I'm taking a sick day tomorrow to get a cortisone shot and try to catch my breath after a couple of intense weeks with the beginning of the season.  I coached some intense matches at our opening Jamboree.  (Thankfully Brady, one of the other coaches was there for most of them).  Then we hit the Chief Sealth tournament that was just me, Brady and 11 girls.  So we were sitting around for large chunks of the day, then running from mat to mat to make sure every girl had at least one coach.  

I ran the clock for their match this week.  Then yesterday the boys didn't have any competition, so Derek went with Brady to the tournament so I could do choir with Sarah.  

Libby has had 2 second place finishes in the tournaments (losing both finals matches to the same freshman whose dad owns a wrestling club.  Yeah, we don't want to stay in her weight class.) 

Sarah missed both Tuesday's match and yesterday for choir.  But now she'll be all in for wrestling. 

Anyway, Derek and I are learning to work together in this new way.  I'm writing lots of articles for our local news blog.  And it's all going to be okay.  For sure. Haha.

Libby did text that she missed me yesterday.  I'll take it! 

I don't often see the resemblance in these two, but in the pic above and below...yeah, I do! 



The awesome audience for choir yesterday

Meanwhile, in Lake Stevens...

Libby's favorite new wardrobe piece--and honestly her dad's fav too. 


Libby is doing some awesome publicity! 


Also, she's still into doing photoshoots...but with a candle.  Yikes. 

Last week at Chief Sealth.  It was so long we all thought we might die.  This pic was with our 3rd place plaque at like 10:30 pm...ouch.  I was so tired all week. 


Libby was so proud of how Sarah wrestled.  I was too! Sarah also bled all over.  And I had to clean it up!  Now that's me...haha.  Coach has to clean up the nose bleed! 


Libby won one and then lost to the girl she beat for the regional title at the Jackson Jamboree.  Doing some good learning. 

Hold on friends.  We're going to make it! 
My articles so far on Shoreline Area News:
https://www.shorelineareanews.com/2023/12/shorewood-boys-wrestling-win-against.html
https://www.shorelineareanews.com/2023/12/shorewood-wrestling-week-2-recap.html
https://www.shorelineareanews.com/2023/12/shorewood-girls-wrestling-opens-season.html

No comments: