Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so Thanksgiving this year I think was a first.  I made all the food I planned, right on a schedule that allowed time for a few other things (I did PT & a stop at the dentist to have a mold for a nightguard made on Wednesday before I got started).  I was ready to go on time with hot food hot and cold food cold.  I left minimal mess and I yelled at no one (didn't even get irritated with Derek).  My therapist has asked if there is any change since I've been doing EMDR...prime evidence right there.  Cool in the face of 3 pies, pretzel jello, stuffing, sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes.  Nailed it. 

I also won one game of Rummikub.  So it was most excellent.  I played some decent hands of Bananagrams and got off of Phase 1 in Phase 10.  It was great to spend time with the Nortons.  Love them.

We didn't do the what we're thankful for at the table.  So we did it in the car on the way home:

Libby: Andrew

Mom: Therapy (see above)

Sarah: Her bio test score (17/20)

Ben: Family and friends

Dad: 

The rest of the weekend I got the house all decorated, including checking one thing off my bucket list--I got a strand of lights across the top of the house!  I hired one of Derek's former wrestlers to help me (instead of doing it from a ladder, we got on the roof and did it from above--mostly him, but I provided support from the lower roof).  It looks amazing!  I got new clips that help the lights sit just right.  It was expensive (I had to buy clips, new strands of lights, an extension cord, and pay Isaac), but it brings me huge joy every drive home when it's dark.  Which is a lot. 

I got the calendar done for both families.  I got the Christmas cards addressed and in the mail (mostly).  

Oh, and I gave myself a concussion on Friday by charging out of the attic door without ducking low enough.  Still have low grade headache and some difficulty thinking.  So don't judge this post and watch where you're walking. 

Bring on the holidays! 






Libby and Sarah did a photoshoot around Maren's house after Thanksgiving dinner.  So lovely! 


The kids went out Black Friday Shopping while I decorated.  It was fun for them to come home to a more decorated house. 


No comments: