Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Happy Halloween!

 When Ben announced his desire to be a cowboy for Halloween, I was ON BOARD!  I got some free cowboy boots from a friend who works at the clothing donation shop for the district (I'm going to re-donate them).  Ben borrowed a cowboy hat from Maren.  Score.  Basically free costume!

I could use Sarah's cow costume from a few years back.  That costume fits my every need (to be warm and comfy).  We tried to buy Buddy a cow costume too.  But Amazon didn't deliver correctly.  So the costume didn't fit.  So I had to use my limited crafting skills to make him a cowboy too.  It worked out.  

Derek already had cowboy boots.  But I neglected to get him a hat.  He wasn't happy with me.  I feel like this happens every year.  I think he's going to be at a husky game or whatever, so I don't buy him the full on costume.  Then he's there and sad he's not decked out.  Oh well.  I'll remember next year?

Sarah cowboyed up with us for the trunk or treat.  She was Derek Norton at school on Halloween.  Then she was the Kill from the game Kiss, Marry, Kill with her friends (I think?) on Halloween.  I never saw an actual group shot, so not sure if they deviated from their original plan.

Libby also devised a cheap costume.  She reused a dress and with an inexpensive Lady Liberty headband became the statue of Liberty.  With Andrew as the adoring tourist.  (I guess I also bought his shirt...). But still--a pretty good deal for the whole family to suit up for Halloween.  

It's important not to spend too much on costumes, since the CANDY has gotten INSANELY expensive.  Seriously? 

Also, I taught seminary on Halloween.  I spent more time on that lesson that on any other lesson so far.  Bought a set of Doctrinal Mastery tombstones.  Then realized they were for the old scripture masteries.  Made updates to my plan.  About 12 of the 24 current ones were represented by the old ones. So for the ones that weren't--I had the kids make up their own.  So fun.  I set up a graveyard in the hall and die cut little ghosts with the reference for the teams to place at each grave.
























No comments: