Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 26, 2023

Between the Seasons...

Oops.  It's been a month!  And, sort of a chill one, as we finished swimming/football, had a week off and then started wrestling.  We had some fun! 
I took the girls on a mommy daughter date before wrestling.  Disney on Ice.  It was awesome.  I love this kind of thing, some group ice dance, singing, etc.  

I almost sprang for the more expensive seats, but I'm glad I didn't.  Our seats were great :)


I took Sarah for her first drive, in anticipation of starting Drivers Ed in a few weeks.  It was---okay.  I've learned (I chose a better parking lot) and I'm calmer (Libby never killed us, so yeah...it's going to be okay.)  I also know better how much advance notice to give and that remaining calmer is more helpful.  Poor first children.  

Swim certificates! 

Libby won one of the 3 coach's awards. 

Lots of Husky games!  (I didn't go to a SINGLE one this year.  But the kids had a great time.) 


Derek also missed one Husky game to go see Hunter play in his college game. 

Libby cleaned her room.  Seriously a noteworthy accomplishment. 

She cleaned her room so she could go to a Seahawks game.  Carrots with this girl.  Very critical for motivation. 

Where's Waldo at the mall...so fun.  

They found this scientist working away on her calendar project.  


I won the Golden Cheetah Award at school this week, for a staff member who's doing a good job.  I got it for the school wide gratitude chain I usually do.  This year I would have forgotten but another teacher reminded me.  Not sure I should have gotten credit.  But I did send the email.  Haha. 
 Now wrestling is in full swing, (matches start this week) and Ben is a basketball manager for the Einstein team.  I'm teaching yoga to the wrestlers on Fridays and helping manage the schedule. We did squeak in a musical number in church today.  It took lots of practicing, but we almost nailed it (it sounded pretty good, but not perfect.) So busy busy! 

No comments: