Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Decor

Framed Christmas cards are one of my favorite decorations.
Here is my Christmas tea set.

Yes, Libby is part of the decor :) The shelves on either side of the fireplace house my collection of Christmas stars, candles, and cute gift bags. The cards above the mantle and the stockings are key parts of my snowman theme this year. I have snowflake lights across the top of the front window. The theme was inspired by the number of snowmen ornaments I had that would be fine if Libby got to them. I also made paper snowflakes for the tree which I don't mind if she ruins.



I am quite proud of this...I cut some stars off a light strand that no longer worked and used them and some of my cornhusk angels from Europe to make this wall hanging since I didn't dare use the angels on my tree this year. Libby would love to eat them.


Of course, the nativity, the centerpiece of the season!




I am full of posts today! I am quite thankful that Derek was home this weekend to help entertain the girls so I could do my holiday decorating. It is so fun to be decorating my own home!

2 comments:

Laney said...

Good job on getting the decor up so quickly! Everything looks great. I love those shelves. We are going to wait until next weekend since we'll be out of town this week and didn't want to miss the freshest days of the Christmas tree smell.

Debbi said...

Looks good!