Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Whoops!

One interesting thing about moving into a new place is that you learn new things as the seasons change. We learned right after we bought our van that as it gets colder, the squirrells around here like to crawl up into warm engines and steal wires. Would have been an expensive ($230) fix, but Lynnwood Honda felt sorry for us (since we had only had the van 3 days before the animals got to it) and picked up the tab.

Another thing I learned a very hard way this morning. Our front steps get SERIOUSLY icy. Picture me (you have to use your imagination since sadly don't have video of this) hurrying out to the car with Sarah in car seat over one arm and two bags over my body (oh wait, only one bag over body. had to turn around 1/2 way to the gym and go back and get the other bag that should have been over my body). I step one foot onto the steps and FLY! I land in a heap at the bottom of the stairs with my ankle twisted under me. Sarah's carseat landed right side up, luckily about 2 feet away from my body. I am so glad I wasn't carrying Libby too! Anyway, don't worry, I slowly got up and went to the gym where I taught a BodyPump class (my 2nd in less than 24 hours).

Needless to say, I have been pretty tired today. I did ice my ankle and wear a brace today. I think it will be okay by tomorrow when I am going to help with the Thanksgiving extravaganza class at the gym.

I hope Sarah goes to bed before 12:30 am tonight.

1 comment:

Packer Family said...

What's your email adress. I will email you with the christmas details. I'm packerfamily28@gmail.com I tried calling you and got your machine so I figured this would be easier. Email with any specific questions or I 'll just give you an over view.