Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ENT visit

Yesterday we had Libby's visit with the Ear/Nose/Throat doctor. Ironically during the day she had had trouble sleeping. Sure enough, when he checked her out another infection was brewing. This makes 4 infections in less than 2 months. My poor little girl! (And her poor mommy and daddy who have to cope with her grumpiness!) So we will be getting tubes as soon as the insurance approval comes through. Hopefully it will be the end of the ear infection phase. I am a bit nervous about getting the tubes though...it is weird to think about my daughter having any kind of surgery, even minor.

5 comments:

mrn said...

I had tubes for several years, so just another Libby/Aunt Maren connection. Glad they figured things out. Fingers crossed it does the trick!

Laney said...

I had tubes put in my ears as a baby too. I think they just eventually fall out or dissolve or something, right? I don't remember ever getting them out, but I made it through just fine! Good luck to Libby.

Debbi said...

I'm so glad the option is av ailable to you. Hopefully, it will do the trick. Tubes were the answer for Brian.

Packer Family said...

Caden had to get surgery and it is scary but it's better after and they are so young that they recover quickly!

Lisbun said...

Just a side note, but get her kidney's checked out too. The ears develop at the same time as the kidney's and when you have problems with your ears or hearing young they may indicate kidney problems. I know this as we discovered my sister was born without a second kidney (as an adult) and had frequent ear infections when she was young. The doctor made note that the two can be related.