Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Year's Resolution...











Well, after watching WAY too much HG-TV (home and garden tv for the unaddicted) while nursing Sarah in the first few weeks of her life, I finally had the energy to start tackling some of the projects I had seen. But how to focus that energy? I decided to base my moves on the show "Designed to Sell". (Except for I am not selling :) On the show they take $2000 and update a house to help it sell. I decided to do one room (or in this case two) a month with $200. Libby and Sarah's rooms were first. I am inexperienced, so I went a little over budget. Here is the budget and some pics.








Libby's Room




shelving and coat rack behind door $26.00




window treatment (blinds, rod, and valance)




(this was my first forray into curtains!) $60.00




New heat vent cover $7.00




Tote for diaper changing gear (this is what broke the budget, but so cute!) $15.00




Frames (the photos in the frames were taken by me of the flowers Derek




gave me for my b-day and touched up in Picassa) $18.00




Paint for mats in frames and fake flowers $4.50




Total for Libby's room $130.50








Sarah's room




heat vent cover $7.00




Window treatments $80.00




Total for Sarah's room $87.00








Grand total $217.00








I still want to do light fixtures, but another time :)




Now I am onto our room (which I think will mostly be organizing, but I am checking Craig's list daily to look for a bedroom set.)




No comments: