Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Friday, January 2, 2009

Love, Libby Style

Libby showed Sarah the ulitmate love today. She brought her a binkie and tried to shove it in her mouth. It was so funny because it is one of the smaller binkies that isn't the kind that Libby likes (as much). But still, Libby was torn. Twice I caught her trying to put it in Sarah's mouth, but then changing her mind and putting it in her own mouth instead. I so wish I had it on video. Libby clearly wants Sarah to enjoy the bliss that is binkie time. Sarah doesn't seem to share Libby's oral fixation however. She doesn't do any sucking unless she is hungry. Then she sucks on one hand and then the other (quickly switching back and forth) until I feed her. She has NO interest in a binkie.

1 comment:

Lisa Merkley said...

I love watching the relationship grow between the first and the second. It's something I wasn't quite prepared for. What a great big sister Libby is!

My Sarah sucks a binky ALL THE TIME. We found out the first week she was alive that we couldn't live without the binky. Neither of my others were like that!