Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bedroom Makeover Gift

These shelves were the hardest part.  They came with defective wall-mounts.  Grrr.  They both fell down last night.  I will have to figure out a better hanging solution.  

The candles on the dresser are battery ones, but you blow them on and off.  Awesome, right?

Ahhhh....the bed, and the lamps.  Should have taken one shot with them off so you could see how awesome they are.
For my birthday I went to (finally) see my friend Jen's house.  We hung out in her room and she told me about how she had done all the decorating.  As I drove home I started thinking about our friend Emmi whose birthday is this week.  I thought about how fun it would be to do a bedroom makeover for her and give her a "spa retreat" bedroom.  Okay, so I admit I watch WAY too much HGTV.  Anyway, I pitched the idea to her husband, and he actually said YES!  So about a month ago, when she was out of town Jen and I evaluated the room and created a plan.  We went out that day and bought the most important pieces.  All month I shopped and schemed.  I couldn't believe how fun it was to get ready.  Yesterday, the family went snow shoeing and we went crazy doing the room.  We painted, rearranged furniture, put up new wall decor.  It looked amazing.  We were there when they got home (having just finished, literally seconds before.)  She was so surprised!  And excited.  She loved it.  I am sure it will take some getting used to--we moved a few things around...so she will have to reorient on where some of her stuff is, but we got her new organizers for her files and for under the bed...it was beautiful!  Jen and I came home exhausted, but happy that we gave a good friend a gift she would NEVER have expected and will enjoy for a long time.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Awesome! Good for you and Emmi!