Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I LOVE BEING A WIFE AND A MOM

Today I am giving a lesson on having a good attitude about the divine role of women to be wives and mothers.  I have been interrupted in the process about 30 times by my duties as a wife and a mother.  (I just got interrupted from writing this post to rescue Ben from a standing position and to change his diaper.)  But do I love my job?  YES!  YES!  YES!
I have divided up my lesson into a few parts.  How do we come to have a good attitude about being a wife and a mother?
1.  Understanding the doctrine of the family.  Heavenly Father's plan is about the progression of his children.  We couldn't progress if women weren't wives and mothers!
2.  Pray for help to time it right!
3.  Understand the benefits of sacrifice for our own progression and for our children.
I used my blog for research in this Lesson.  I looked back at the time when I decided to be a stay at home mommy...That was such a hard decision for me.  But it has been worth it.
http://libbynorton.blogspot.com/2007/11/hospital-retrospective.html
http://libbynorton.blogspot.com/2007/10/great-news-and-tough-day.html (Although I still cry every time I read this post, or think about teaching...I know I made the right decision.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Such a cute picture of Daddy and the kids.