Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Trish as a runner?

My girl friends in my ward have been doing a bunch of fun things that I haven't been able to join in.  They all did a triathalon right after I had Ben.  They also went to New York, but it was Derek's busy season with both middle school and high school wrestling going on.  So, when they asked me to run a relay with them this summer, I just couldn't say no.  I am worried about how I am going to fit in running along with all my other workouts, but I hired a fabulous running coach (artemisfitness.com) to help me develop a plan and get started.  I also got the NIKE + gps app on my phone.  Genius.  It has all the benefits of running on a treadmill (tells you how far you have gone and how fast you are travelling) without the drudgery of running inside.  It even cheers you on along the way.  I did a pretty long run with Ben on Friday and then was totally wiped out by the end of my classes on Sunday, so I think I will be doing mostly short runs to prepare.  But I am really looking forward to bonding with my girl friends, especially because my friend MaryAnne (favorite mission comp!) is going to come and run with us!
I was also reminded that I really do love running.  It is so fun and cleansing and challenging.  It will be a great addition to my workouts!
Ben was so great!  He just chilled in the stroller (literally :)  But I did end up putting the weather guard on because it was "misting" pretty heavily by the time we really got running.  I was pretty wet after the 4.4 miles were over!

Me with Libby before going for a run.  Wow, she was a cutie!  We put lots of miles on our jogging stroller.

2 comments:

Laney said...

Funny. I totally think of you as a runner because of all the running we did together.

triciarnorton said...

That is true Laney, we did run often. I miss running with you!