Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Libbyisms

I haven't been writing down the funny things they say lately.  I don't like being so busy.  Libby is getting so mature with the way she says things.  She likes to use pretty big words that make me laugh sometimes just to hear them coming from a little girl.
The other day she was explaining to me that while I was outside washing the car she would come outside with me and then we could put the thermometer where we could hear it so we could check on Ben.  It took me awhile to figure out that "thermometer" is actually "baby monitor."
Yesterday she broke out into some little hives after being outside.  She told me about it in the car.  She said something like, "Mom, my hand is itchy.  Really itchy.  And it looks pretty strange (or serious or intense or something--I can't remember exactly what she said because when I actually looked at her hand it totally freaked me out.)"  Luckily the hives responded really well to the hydrocortizone because they were all over her body in patches, not just on her hand.  I gave her some Benadryl before bed too, and they were gone this morning.  Whew.
Libby has also realized that she can pick up Ben and move him around the house.  It is a little (or a lot) scary for me.  Ben seems to like it--kind of.  Sarah does it too, which scares me even more.  But he has only been injured once, and I guess it will toughen him up.

No comments: