Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Benisms

A couple of days ago we were saying the blessing on a meal.  I glanced over at Ben (because what good parent doesn't occasionally check out their kids during prayers) and Ben was folding his arms.  Then after the prayer he said, "men" (like amen)!  It was AWESOME.  I have been paying closer attention and he says lots of words:  bubble, pop, ball, please (I think), thanks (if you know what  you are listening too), car, truck (car and truck sound similar), amen, Ben (if you ask him what his name is), ow, uh-oh, and probably more, it is getting too late for me to think clearly...but it is true, he is finally starting to talk (oh yeah, and AFLAC if you ask Libby).  Despite his binkie obsession.  
He is also shoe obsessed.  He wants to be wearing at least one pair of shoes at all times.  (And he wants the running shoes tied.  If they come untied, he immediately finds the nearest adult to tie them for him.)
I am also proud of his animal sounds.  He has lots now.  Many sound like a mutation of quack, but I can tell a bock from a quack from a meow (most of the time).
He is getting better at identifying body parts too.  He can do eyes and mouth.  Nose and ears are a bit tricky.  He point in the general viscinity of nose for nose and ears.  He does know toes though!
Just wondering when he will stop squirming and screaming during diaper changes.  I feel like he should have grown out of that by now.  But I guess it will make him a good wrestler that he doesn't like to be on his back.

I WANT MY...

Thank you very much!

No comments: