Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 6, 2013

1000 POSTS!

I feel like I have reached a real historical marker in my life as a historian.  No, I didn't publish (or even write) a dissertation.  I didn't have my master's seminar paper published.  I haven't even taught a history class for 5 long years.  But, I have managed to find time to continue chronicling the history of our little family in blog form.  I am glad that I have a record of the triumphs and tragedies of my parenting struggles.  When I read back through the blog I laugh, I cry, and I am amazed at how the 5+ years since I started this blog have gone by.  I am so thankful for my family for giving me delightful and difficult things to write about.  I am thankful for the 8 followers who read my posts, and I think there are a few others who check in from time to time.  I am so glad to be a mom and a wife at this stage in my life.  It certainly isn't easy.  Sometimes it isn't fun at all.  But I wouldn't trade it for any Phd or teaching job.  My time will come.

No comments: