Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Libbyisms

Libby's quote of the week, (while sobbing) "You ruined my life!"  Seriously I heard this about anything and everything this week.  From suggesting she wear a leggings under her dress (in the 25 degree weather), to making macaroni and cheese  instead of peanut butter and jelly for lunch.  It was a very emotional week for her.  I think it was just hard to start getting up for school again.

Friday we went to the eye doctor (which--again--no surprises here -ruined her life because she had to miss school) because I had caught her taking off her glasses and moving them in and out over somethings as she tried to get words to focus.  I have seen this behavior with adults who have to move books father and closer to try and get things into focus, so I knew something wasn't right with her prescription.  Sure enough, it is going to be bifocals.

I hope they help because I feel like her inability to see text clearly is really hindering her ability and interest in reading.

No comments: