Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Kid and Her Glasses

Crashing at the end of a sledding run (glasses undisturbed, thankfully!)
Libby got glasses, you will remember, in July.  This was a totally new experience for me.  I don't understand the world of eye issues at all!  The doctor told us that because she needed such as strong prescription  she wouldn't be able to handle it all at once, so he would give her close to what she needed and we could come back and recheck after a few months.  I posted on facebook about it and one of my friends suggested that she might need bifocals...well when I recently observed her trying to read some text by pulling off her glasses and moving them in and out to try and focus the words I decided it was time to go back to the eye doc.  Sure enough, he gave her bifocals (good diagnosis Emily Cummings!).  Anyway, we got the new glasses a week ago Thursday.  On the Tuesday after we got them I was in Bremerton for a training.  Libby managed to lose the glasses on the bus.  After lots of prayers and speeding I made the 4:00 ferry back to Edmonds and got to the bus barn about 10 minutes before closing time.  With a flashlight I was able to find the glasses where she had stuck them down between the seat and the wall of the bus (so they would be safe while she "rough housed"  according to Libby).  Anyway, the next day we flew to Utah where we went ice skating at a wedding reception (I know, sweet, right?) and she fell (after taking off her skates) and bent the frame of the glasses.  Luckily Grandpa fixed them...but in just over a week these glasses nearly gave me a heart attack twice.  I don't know if I can take it. But she is SO stinking cute.

No comments: