Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nancy Pappy

One of the things I have really looked forward to is having my kids be ready to play games.  They are finally getting there!  Libby and Sarah played several rounds of Go Fish fairly successfully on Thursday.  But the deck of Go Fish cards we had wasn't a very big deck.  So, I wanted to find a new deck that would allow more people to play.  I couldn't find one in 3 stores.  Who knew?  But I found a Barbie version, Go Bling.  There were 2 decks of cards, both with sets of 4.  Perfect.  The cards were numbered, but then I realized we couldn't use both decks of cards by the numbers because there would be 2 sets of 1s, 2 sets of 2s, etc.  So Emily came up with the idea of naming the cards.  AWESOME!   We had a great time naming them and writing their names in with Sharpie.  Libby even helped with the naming.  Some of her best--Nancy Pappy (apparently Barbie's dog in a purse), Kitsy and Linda, and Shelley's accessories (just some random accessories.)  Some of my best, Laptop Lindsey, Dashing Derek, Kickin' Ken (he had a soccer ball in hand).  Anyway, you get the picture.  After Libby and Sarah went to bed we had a blast playing.  I have never seen David so punchy. Nick was hilarious.  Anyway, for 99 cents, it was by far the best game purchase ever.
Some of the best Go Fish quotes:
Libby to Dave when someone asked for something she had:  "Should I lie?"
Dave:  "Yes, lie."
Libby:  "Nope, I don't have it."

Sarah:  "I want to play the REAL GO Fish, not the Barbie Go Fish!"

Sarah--to Grandma:  "Do you have any Shelley Starfish?"
Grandma:  "Do you, you can't ask unless you have some?"
Sarah:  "Let me check"  (flips all her cards face up) "No."

Libby (when someone asked for something that she had, but they didn't ask her):  "I have that one, ask me, ask me!"

Libby or Sarah when drawing from the fish pile:  "I got (fill in the blank with name of card drawn)!"

Soren:  "Does anyone have any Ponytail Pony?"
Emily:  "What?  It's Ponytail Polly--"
Soren:  "Not on this one"
Emily:  "Let me fix that--Oops.  Now it looks like Ponytail Potty."

I love playing games with my family.

No comments: