Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I LOVE Valentine's day.  Maybe because I love pink, and red, and hearts, and LOVE and everything about telling people that you love them.  Because I was so busy and on vacation leading up to this Valentine's day, I didn't even decorate the house.  My water aerobics participants were disappointed that I didn't dress up in heart socks or anything.  But, I take the girls to pick out Valentine's cards (they thought you needed to get a whole box of cards for each person--it was hard to talk them into getting just 4 boxes instead of 20.)  We got Ninjago, Transformers, and (of course) 2 different Disney princess boxes.  Sarah needed to write her name on about 8.  She only got 4 done before she had a definite meltdown.  Libby needed to write her name on 8 for preschool friends and 24 for her classmates.  That was brutal torture for her.  We did it over 3 days, and it was still tough.  I take for granted how easy it is for me to write.  When you are just learning (and you don't like doing it) it can be really tough!
Anyway, while we were picking out cards, I let them choose a box of chocolates for Derek.  This is what he woke up to on V-day.  (It was lucky he had a partial day off ;)



We made a Valentine cake--coconut.  While we were making it Libby kept shouting, "That frosting smells SO bad!  Get it away from me!"

I made the mistake of getting them MnM valentine men that had stampers and stickers inside.  We had a lot of stamps to wash off of just about everything before I found and tossed the stamper parts.  Sarah stamped up her whole face 3 different times.  

Libby and Ben enjoyed the stickers.  Ben discovered that if he put one on Derek's leg, then ripped it off, it inflicted some pain.  So Ben kept running up, putting on stickers, ripping them off and running away laughing.  

No comments: