Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Libby's First Day of First Grade

Libby started first grade this week.  I have been a bit worried about how things would go--the whole eating lunch at school thing.  It got even worse when I found out that she has kids in her class with severe peanut allergies so she can't bring pbnj sandwiches--her lunch staple.  This week I sent a kidz Clif bar (she loves the iced oatmeal cookie variety), but now I discovered that they may have "trace peanut elements."  Not sure what I will send this week.  But as long as I had a snack for her when I picked her up, (which she devoured) things went pretty well.  All 3 days she was in school I would start to get all nervous and worked up around 11:30 like I would need to be there to get her off the bus.  Then I would realize I still had HOURS until her 3:30 pick up.  Awesome.  I would relax and get a lot more done.  Her teacher is awesome.  So far in 3 days I have had more communication than I had in all of last year.  It is going to be sad to leave.  I think this teacher is in part why we haven't secured a new home yet.  I think she is going to help me figure out how to help Libby feel successful with school.
This is the dress she picked out for her "first day of school outfit".  Sarah picked out the same one.

Libby begged me to straighten her hair for the first day.  It looked great.

No comments: