Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, September 15, 2013

School Days

I am LOVING the longer school days.  It is so much better than the rush rush of morning kindergarten.  Now if only Libby would eat lunch at school, she wouldn't be in hysterics when she gets home.  But that is another story.
Libby came home upset on Friday because their teacher made them pick up the floor in their classroom.  Imagine!  But in general she is liking school.  Her class shares a lunch table with the other first grade class.  So Libby sits right on the edge of her class and her friend Ava sits on the edge of her class so they are right next to each other.  Libby has had one homework assignment so far, and she did it quickly and easily--not the struggle like her first one last year where she didn't even want to put her name on it.  So things are going well.
Sarah is enjoying preschool.  I am glad and sad that it is only 2 days a week.  She would like to go more often...although she is loving having time to make up her own games with no one bossing her around.  I am glad that I am not having to do even more commuting to pick her up more often.  The class is definitely beneath her skill level though...I am kind of wishing I had put her in the Pre-K room.  I may see if I can make a switch.
Ben is having a great time watching movies in the car as we drive girls to school and back every day.  He is so cute asking for "Credibles" (Incredibles), or "Kung Fu Panda" or "Wreck it Ralph" or even (don't tell Derek) "My Little Pony."
He made me laugh yesterday when we were dropping the girls at dance class.  He walked up to a cute little girl about his size and said, "What's your name?"  Her mom helped her answer and he said, "That's a pretty name."  Oh my!  Already flirting with the ladies?

1 comment:

Sweet Utah said...

I think we knew Ben was a bit of a charmer right from Day 1. :)