Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Benisms

Ben was so so so funny this week.  Here are some of my favorite moments.
Ben is 100% capable of going potty on his own.  But he hasn't wanted to do it.  He wants a "grown-up" to come with him.  So we reintroducted "tinkle treats." (Like we tried to use to bribe him to go potty in the first place.)  He wasn't really into them then.  But back then I had salt water taffy, so his tinkle treat was a tinkle taffy.  Now there is other candy around here (after Trunk or Treat).  So he has gotten really into going potty by himself.  If I try to go in, he says, "SHOO Mom, SHOO!"  Unless he waits too long.  Then he "needs an adult" to help him get on the potty.  It is pretty hilarious. Some days I feel like he does a potty dance about 1/2 the day at least.  Whenever I ask him if he needs to go, he says, "NO!  It's not a potty dance, just a regular dance."
Anyway, on Friday I was training a client.  I heard him go into the bathroom, then heard a HUGE crash followed by crying. I  came rushing upstairs to see what had gone wrong.  He had fallen off the potty and hit his head on the tub.  He was so, so sad.  He said through the tears, "Mom, I'm never going to do that again!"  Then after he asked for a kiss on the head and received one, he said (still through the tears), "I feel better."  I am thankful for the power of kisses!

Then on Saturday all the kids came with me to the gym for my 8am class.  They have to come into the gym while I set up because the daycare isn't open yet.  Ben walked past two women who were chatting in the hall outside of class.  He stopped and went up to them and said, "My mom is ready to start class now.   You need to go in."  They both came in and told me about it.  He keeps me laughing!
I just got Ben out of the tub and ready for church.  He insisted on his Thailand outfit (which has shorts), a clip on tie (the shirt has no collar), and having a mohawk in his hair.  This man!

Ben ready for church last Sunday

There was a brief moment of sunshine on Monday.  I raked up some "leaves" mainly pine needles with some leaves mixed in for him to jump in.  Not as much fun here where everything is SO damp as it was in Utah.  But he got the idea.


Most days he runs to school and I push an empty stroller.  Then I push him back home.  He loves to jump in puddles.  (Wearing shorts again!)

No comments: