Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sarah's Week

Sarah is so sweet and calm most of the time.  But this week we had a couple of rocky mornings.  Libby was getting up super early this week and waking up Sarah (this is opposite of normal and usually Sarah doesn't wake up Libby).  I had a lot to do this week, so I let Libby watch movies while I finished my core challenge, scripture study, workout, and choreography review.  Sarah only got to watch a little of the movie one of the mornings, and that put her in a funk.  Then Libby got upset over something too.  By the time they came to breakfast, they were both raving about how it was the "WORST MORNING EVER!"  Little whiny sobs were making it hard for Sarah to eat.  Then I was making my special remedy when I think a cold is coming on.  I was reaching for the cayenne pepper, and reaching, and reaching right over where the clean silverware from the dishwasher was standing on the counter waiting to be put away.  As I came down from my reach, my fleece caught the silverware, taking about 20 pieces onto the floor.  AHHH!  I exclaimed!  "Worst morning EVER!"  I got Sarah to laugh with my response and she cheered right up.

Then on Tuesday morning we had another epic fail.  She really wanted to wear her turtle neck.  She only has one (it has been really cold here) and there was a teeth brushing malfunction that resulted in toothpaste spit spilling out of her mouth onto pants and shirt.  She did the little sobbies almost all the way to school about having to change her clothes.  Poor girl!

But she made me feel like a stellar parent a few times this week.  She came out of the playground right when I called them to come out after school (this can often be a struggle).  I had been chatting with another parent.  I said, "Thanks for coming out Sarah!"  She said (we have been working on this) "STOP, LISTEN, RESPOND!"  The other parent was very impressed.
She also asked "When we come in from school, after I do my 1, 2, 3 (put away shoes, empty backpack, hang up coat and backpack) can I do (whatever it was she wanted)?"  I love when the remember the stuff that I teach.  Even if they don't always do it.

Sarah had 1 hour of nutcracker practice, 1 hour of regular dance, and then this drill practice right in a row.  She held up so well!  Proud of my little dancers.


Taking pictures after school waiting for Libby to go and get her coat.  It was really really cold this week!

No comments: