Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Highs and Lows

This week we had some good times and bad times.  Libby was SO SO SO happy and excited for wrestling to start.  She couldn't wait to see "her wrestlers."  We stopped by practice on Monday to see the guys.  The kids also got to go to practice when I taught yoga on Wednesday.  Then it got ugly because Libby got sick.  When Libby is sick to her tummy, she wants everyone to know.  It is a moan or a sigh every other second unless she is fixated on a movie.  So, nearly 2 days straight of movies for Libby and Ben helped me keep my sanity.  I was super proud of Sarah.  On Thursday I didn't dare take Libby with us for the walk to school because she was in and out of the bathroom every 2 minutes.  So as I was walking out the door with Sarah and Ben, I told Libby she could start a movie on the iPad.  About 1/2 down the block, Sarah decided that her tummy hurt too.  So I threw up my hands and went back home to start dealing with my wallpaper mess.  About 10am I needed to go to Home Depot for yet another can of joint compound.  I asked Sarah how she was feeling and if she maybe felt good enough to go to school.  She was fine, and she knew it.  And she knew I knew it.  She had only said she felt ill so she could join Libby's movie fest.  I was so proud of her when she admitted that she was fine and let me drop her off at school.  I clearly remember a time in my youth that I pretended to be sick on a Friday.  Then I was actually sick the next day and had to miss my friend's birthday party as a result.  Sarah said she was very sorry to have lied.  
She was glad she went to school because she got to make a turkey hat with her reading buddy at school.  

No comments: