Life & Times of 5 Busy Nortons

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was a very proud mommy this Thanksgiving because my girls helped me make pies.  They really helped!  It was so fun to cook with them.  They picked out the cookie cutters to make the pattern on top of the cherry pie, helped roll out the crust, etc.  It was a great beginning to a fun holiday.
We party with the Nortons so often that we sometimes forget to take photos.  A couple of years ago I started taking a before dinner pic of the family.  Love these people!  So blessed to be a part of their family.  
Ben presented his first Sunday Seminar last week because he was so excited to show us his pumpkin!

Libby got this drumstick which she "shared" with Maren.  I think Maren got to eat 9/10ths.  Libby saved room for Apple crisp--4 helpings.  

Delicious pies made by my girls! (And me.)

I did a circuit class on Friday which turned out to be me and Maren--and a host of kids who decided to be either on team Maren or Team Trish.  

Apparently Ben couldn't make up his mind which team he was on.  

But that is okay.  He doesn't need to workout.  Look at his bulging muscles!

Looking happy at the beginning of the day.  I was less happy by the end.  I made my first attempt at Thanksgiving day shopping.  I was rejected at the register because my "doorbuster" item was actually a 7am Friday deal.  Urgh.  I went back to Marens and chatted and got some help with my Christmas cards.  But I was melting down by the end.  Why am I better at real life than holidays?  


No comments: